Friday, June 01, 2012

Tagaytay Food Trip: Bag of Beans

I've been to Tagaytay a lot of times already and I've seen Bag of Beans several times in the past. Since I hadn't tried the coffee there yet, I made sure I included a stop here in my food trip.


Bag of Beans now has two locations in Tagaytay. One of them is in the rotonda area, which I believe is much newer. The one I have seen multiple times before is a bit past Mendez junction, somewhere between the rotonda and Sonya's Garden. Since this is the one I was more familiar with and it was easily along the way back from Sonya's Garden, I decided to spend my afternoon here. Looking at it from the road, you would think it is a pretty small cafe. What I didn't realize was that there was a much larger dining area at the back.


I found myself a cozy seat and ordered refillable Freshly Brewed Barako (P110). This was a perfect order for me since I planned to hang out in Bag of Beans for most of the afternoon and catch up on my reading.


After a couple of hours there, I decided to order Panacotta (P105).


The panacotta was decent and the coffee was really good. The fact that you can have refillable coffee makes this place a perfect place to just chill out for a few hours.

*****

Bag of Beans, Tagaytay
3650 Aguinaldo Highway, Mendez Crossing West
Tagaytay City, Cavite
(046) 413-2724

How to get there: From the Tagaytay-Sta. Rosa Road, turn right into Tagaytay-Calamba road. Go past the rotonda along Aguinaldo highway. Once you go past Mendez junction, keep an eye out for it on the right side of the road.

No comments: