Monday, June 25, 2012

Nephew time

I promised my nephew that I would take him to watch Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted this week. Since my mom also wanted to watch Rock of Ages (the movie, not the live musical which is also being staged in Manila right now), we all went to Powerplant to watch. We got there about 10 minutes before the next Madagascar showing and thankfully there was practically no line when we got there. I quickly buy two tickets for Madagascar, and one for Rock of Ages that was going to start about an hour later.

Madagascar 3 was a really fun and funny movie, with enough heartwarming moments to make it entertaining and appealing to people of all ages. I loved the circus angle (especially Vitaly the tiger's backstory), the ferocity of Captian Chantel Dubois, and the visuals - from the awesome car chase scene to the spectacular circus show. I watched it in 2D but there were a lot of scenes that I think would look great in 3D

Since our movie ended before my mom's, we decided to swing by Power Station where we tried a whole horde of games, including air hockey, go go balls, some shooting games, and Mario Kart.

By the time we finished playing, Rock of Ages was over so we all headed to Milky Way for dinner before heading home. It's always fun to have these relaxed days and I'm happy that I once again find some time to visit the cinema. :)

No comments: