Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

It's the first time my family celebrated Father's day without Tatay. It's been exactly 6 months since he passed away so we decided to visit him in the cemetery.

Actually, I have been to the cemetery on almost a weekly basis for most of the year. It's not easy for Nanay to go to the cemetery unless someone drives her there so I try to bring her there every Sunday. (Obviously, I wasn't able to do it a lot recently because of my sprained ankle.)  But while a lot of those trips are just me and Nanay, this time, a lot of my family joined us.

After visiting Tatay in the cemetery, we had dinner in Adarna. We ordered a few items we already tried before but we also got to try a couple of new dishes: the Ensaladang Puso sa Gata and Grilled Chicken Breast with kesong puti boursin, bacon, and mango salsa. Both were really good! I love the fact that the ensaladang puso sa gata had tomatoes and vinaigrette mixed in because the acid cut through the richness of the coconut and added an additional dimension of flavor. The Grilled Chicken breast was also really good. The chicken itself was so well cooked and tasty, and the kesong puti didn't have the heaviness of other cheeses mixed in with food. I really love this restaurant and how the dishes served are Pinoy meals from all over the country but with a twist.

I also got the two Sugarhouse cakes I purchased at a good discount from Deal Grocer: Concorde and Cashew Toffee. (I initially intended to claim them for Mother's Day but that was when I had just sprained my ankle and couldn't walk, so I decided to claim them now instead.)

Tatay wasn't with physically with us today but his spirit was definitely present as we celebrated Father's Day.

No comments: