Sunday, May 20, 2012

Missing

I guess advertising does work sometimes. A couple of months ago, Fox kept advertising one of their new shows, 'Missing', that stars Ashley Judd as ex-CIA agent Rebecca Winstone whose son is kidnapped while studying in Europe. All those TV placements piqued my interest so I started watching the show when it came on the air a few weeks ago.

Now while marketing can go only so far, if the product is pretty good, you get hooked. And that is the case here. While the advertising got me to watch, the way the story has unfolded has kept me watching. I've been tuning into this show regularly and I am enjoying all the twists and turns. The good thing about it as well is that you get enough answers at the end of the show; it's not one of those cases where there are so many questions that remain unresolved and you just feel more and more confused. The progression is pretty good and it makes you interested to see what happens next.

*** Spoiler alert ***

The only problem with this series though is that ABC canceled the series after its first season. I guess this is the crappy bit about TV shows. If they don't get good enough ratings, the network can drop them just like that. I do hope that there is enough of a resolution in the end.

No comments: