Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Of 5-car collisions and other road accidents

I've seen a lot of car accidents in my life - some of them quite horrific - but normally only 1 or 2 vehicles are involved. So it was quite interesting for me to see a 5-car collision along Edsa one Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure how it happened since traffic was certainly not bad that day. I guess maybe everyone was going a bit too fast and as driver in the car in front put on the brakes, the drivers of the 4 cars behind him weren't able to react quickly enough and ended up bumping into the car in front. I saw some very irate people outside their vehicles involved in what seemed to be a heated argument. Wouldn't have expected anything less.

A few days later, I was at an intersection with a vehicle on my right. As we waited for the light to turn green, I heard screeching tires, followed by a loud hit. I look over to my right and I was surprised to see another vehicle hit the one on my right. It also just happened to be one of those that had a door at the back, and the damage looked pretty bad so I'm guessing the back door would now be jammed and would require some significant repairs. Once again, I don't know how this happened. I was just happy that it was the vehicle on my right that got hit and not me. Especially since my last trip to the casa wasn't all that good.

No comments: