Sunday, February 26, 2012

Birthday celebration in Resorts World

I brought my family to Resorts World to celebrate my brother's birthday. My other brother and I had been to Resorts World before but for everyone else, it was their first time there. We arrived in the late afternoon though because my two nephews had a family day in the morning, and by the time everyone got cleaned up again, it was almost 2pm.

We ended up having a late lunch in Johnny Chow, and it was actually a pretty good choice because they had a dimsum cart. As it was mid-afternoon already, people were obviously hungry, so we picked up some dimsum to combat the hunger pangs as we waited for the rest of our meal. There were seven of us - me, my two brothers, my mom, my grandma, and my two nephews - but in the interest of trying out a lot of different menu items, we ended up ordering 6 dishes plus pancit and yang chow friend rice (it wasn't gluttony; we could doggy-bag whatever we couldn't consume there). I'm not particularly sure how it happened but we ended up eating everything! That translates to practically one dish per person + rice + dimsum. Thankfully my brother had a Resorts World membership card with him coz we got an extra 5% off of our bill (it would've been 10% if we paid with cash).

My friend Beck had given me two tickets to the free Lea Salonga in Piazza that same evening. Given this, I initially planned to take my nephews to the arcade while my grandma and brother would watch "Unofficially yours". That way, by the time everyone was done, it would be time for me and my mom to go Lea's show. Unfortunately, the video game that my nephews wanted to play - Animal Kaiser - wasn't available there and the next film start was more than an hour away. So my brothers and grandmother decided to just go home. My nephews were supposed to go with them but they insisted on playing Animal Kaiser in Power Station either Shangri-la mall or in Powerplant. I decided to give up my free Lea ticket and just accompany my nephews, and we played in Powerplant because it was closer to Piazza.

My nephews played a truckload of games before we picked up my mom after the concert. On the way home, I was thinking of where we would eat but everyone was already asleep in the car. Makes sense because my nephews did get up really early that morning for their family day. I just got some take out in Jollibee before heading home. It was a great day despite me missing the Lea concert. I'm thinking of bringing my family to Resorts World again soon. Lots more stuff to try there that we didn't have time for.

No comments: