Sunday, January 15, 2012

Party weekend

Jesse took a job offer in Singapore. So since she didn't have a lot of time left in Manila, the gang decided to meet up one more time. The initial Friday night dinner plans in the Greenbelt area got nixed and, as suggested by Tim, we opted for a karaoke night in Music Match in Ortigas Home Depot instead. Jesse, Mari, and I were the first three to arrive and it took everyone else at least an hour more to get there. So the three of us kicked things off with slow, emo songs LOL. The tempo of our song choices slowly picked up as more people came in, and by the time the gang was complete, we were hitting songs like Super Bass, Party Rock Anthem, Club can't handle me, and Firework. Of course, you can't enjoy a karaoke nowadays without a couple of Adele songs in there. I also got to try the San Mig Lemon and Apple for the first time (I prefer the apple one).

The next day, I get a text from my Norwegian friend Svein who is based in Singapore but was in Manila for the weekend and got a table in Republiq that night. He asked me if I wanted to join him and his friends and since I missed meeting up with him the last time he was in Manila, I agreed to join him there. A couple of first that night: first time in Republiq on a Saturday night, and first time I had a seated table there (Svein very generously covered the entire cost of the table). We didn't really drink a lot - there were 5 of us and we just downed a 1L bottle of vodka so we were closer to sober by the end of the night haha. I guess it's good to end a Saturday night out not being smashed coz it makes Sunday a lot more comfortable. :)

No comments: