Sunday, January 08, 2012

50 years

It's wonderful to be witness to a beautiful love that lasts. My grand-uncle Albert and grand-aunt Isabel celebrated their 50th anniversary and my family joined them and our other relatives in Century Park Hotel in Manila.

The evening didn't start out all that great in that the wedding anniversary of Uncle Albert and Auntie Isabel coincided with a football game between the Azkals and CF Madrid in Rizal Coliseum, which is right next to Century Park Hotel. As such, it was incredibly tough to find parking. I could have availed of the valet service but the automatic lock of my car wasn't working so I was afraid to leave it with a valet who may end up not locking my car properly. In any case, I finally found a parking spot after nearly an hour of going around.

It turned out to be a really enjoyable anniversary celebration. Auntie Isabel and Uncle Albert's children and grandchildren put together a fun-filled program that even had them singing (and playing musical instruments) and dancing to choreography! Afterward, the dance party started. I was out til 5am the night before and I think the difficulty I had parking earlier in the evening sapped me of my energy so I sat it out and just enjoyed coffee and dessert (and then I complain about my weight...) but everyone else hit the dance floor. What started out as ballroom dancing turned into free-style when the band started playing current songs like JLo's 'On the floor' and Taio Cruz's 'Dynamite'. My nephew even stole the show when he started dancing to Maroon 5's 'Moves like Jagger'!

With my grandfather passing away just a few weeks before, it was good for my family to get out and enjoy the company of our relatives in a happier setting. I hope that Uncle Albert and Auntie Isabel have several more wonderful and love-filled years together.

No comments: