Thursday, January 26, 2012

2121212 goes round-the-clock

I recently placed an delivery order with Quick Delivery 2121212. While waiting for someone to take my order, I heard the recording indicate that they were in a soft-launch of their 24-hour service. With my late night work shift, I tend to get hungry late at night sometimes with no food at home so I thought that I'd try it out the next time the opportunity presented itself. It did, just a few nights later. I got hungry past midnight and decided to call 2121212. There were four options at the time; I can't recall what they were but Uncle Moe's was one of them. The minimum order was P300 so I got beef kebabs and a moussaka melt. (I ate the kebabs as soon as they arrived and kept the moussaka melt in the fridge, for microwaving the next day.)

I got hungry again late one night and decided to go for Uncle Moe's again. But unfortunately, the minimum order had increased to P500. More 24-hour options were available (although technically Uncle Moe's is open only until about 4am I think) but all of them had minimum orders of P500. I ended up passing on it that time since I would've ended up getting 3 meals to meet the P500 minimum and I didn't feel like storing a couple of meals in the fridge. However, having a 24-hour delivery service that is not McDonald's is pretty good and I'm sure I will be making use of this service again in the near future.

No comments: