Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Agricola

My friend Mike is a big fan of board games, and heck so am I. So he set up game night with me and his girlfriend, Sabrina. I don't mind being the third wheel LOL so we all gathered together to try out one of Mike's many board games.

Mike loves these strategy games like Ticket to Ride and The Settlers of Catan, both of which we had played before. This time around, we played Agricola. It's the first time I played this game and it was quite interesting. The goal of the game is to build the most well-balanced farm. I won't attempt to describe it beyond that as it is quite complicated, but after some time I started to get the hang of it.



I ended up in 3rd place with 29 points, but Sabrina had only 2 points more than I did. Mike was a massive winner with 54 points, and this may have been his best score ever. I'm no longer very competitive and don't mind losing but both Mike and Sabrina told me that my score was pretty good. Mike showed me the score of a lot of other first time players, and they ranged from 11 to 24. So I guess I did pretty well LOL.

I'm interested in playing that game again (or heck, any of the other games LOL). The thing about Agricola is that it is quite time consuming; with just 3 of us, it took 3 hours. I can only imagine how much time it would take if there were 4 or 5 players. Or how much more complicated it will be. But I guess that's part of the charm. At least it does test your brain quite a bit. :)

No comments: