Saturday, September 03, 2011

"No Good Deed" from 'Wicked'

This is a song I just discovered while listening to my newly purchased original Broadway cast recording CD of 'Wicked'. This song is called 'No good deed' and is performed by Idina Menzel in her role as Elphaba, the 'Wicked Witch of the West'. It's fast becoming one of my favorite songs from a musical.


uploaded in youtube by user kikki5183

It's such a powerful and emotional song and I absolutely love how expressive Idina's voice is here. No wonder she won a Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical for this role.

*****

'Wicked' the Musical is going to run in Singapore from December 7, 2011 to January 29, 2012. I wonder if I should head on over to SG just to watch it. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone can bring this musical to Manila...)

No comments: