Thursday, September 22, 2011

Baby bottle brush

The plus side of using tumblers when purchasing coffee is that I reduce my use of paper cups. (And before you say that using reusable mugs actually saves trees but wastes water, it is important to note that to produce one paper cup, you actually need not just paper but energy and water as well, so you end up using about the same amount of water washing a tumbler as you do using a paper cup. Check out the sustainability is sexy site for more info on using reusable mugs. But I digress... :))

The flipside is that it's really difficult to wash a tumbler just because you can't get your entire hand in and your fingers are not long enough to reach the base. What I have been doing all this time is using a spoon to force my sponge into the base of the tumbler to clean it. But it's just such a cumbersome process.

I tried looking for a sponge with a handle that I could just slot into the tumbler to clean the base but I couldn't find one. Then, an idea. A baby bottle brush! LOL So I now have a baby bottle brush to clean my reusable tumblers with. Never thought I'd be purchasing baby products for personal use. :)

No comments: