Friday, September 09, 2011

Advanced birthday celebration

Since a lot of folks were still in town shortly after Steph and Tim's wedding, I decided to have a really early birthday dinner with everyone. Joh's birthday celebration a few weeks before in Zong gave me the idea to look for vouchers online that I can use. I spotted a pretty cool deal in ensogo.com.ph: 50% on food in Little Asia so I decided to treat my friends to a birthday dinner in Little Asia in The Piazza in McKinley Hill.

It was great celebrating with a lot of my friends - Steph and Tim, Suzanne, Joh and Raffa, Alvin and Doray, Hannah, Mike, and Me-ann (it could've been more but Peegee got sick so he and Randee couldn't make it and Chris had to bring his son to the doctor so he and Shar couldn't make it either). I can't recall the last time we had that many people from our circle of friends present in my birthday celebration. For some folks, it was their first time in Little Asia and they thought the food was really good (something the rest of us already knew). Suzanne, Tim, Steph, and Nenen (who couldn't join us because she was in Bacolod) gave me a National Geographic book on travel ideas as a gift. I'm looking forward to reading it and getting a few more ideas on places to visit.

It was raining so we decided to stay in The Piazza after dinner. We opted to have coffee and dessert in Old Vine. The problem was that a lot of their dessert options were not available that night. I picked what was probably my 4th choice - can't remember what it was though - but the important thing was the fact that I was with great friends.

photo taken from my friend Tim's camera

It's a good start to my birthday celebration season. And thanks to online deal sites, it'll be slightly more economical for me, too. :)

No comments: