Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pia in Manila

Pia, who is now based in the US, came home to the Philippines in late December. She was in Davao with her family during most of the Christmas break, though, so she was unable to join us during our get together in Joh and Raffa’s house. She told me that she would be in Manila for a few days in the 3rd week of January, so I tried to gather those of us who were still in town for dinner with Pia (a lot of the folks based abroad like Hannah, Che, Pau, and Gi had already left). We decided to meet up in the Glorietta area and Pia wanted to have dinner in a new place. I couldn’t think of a new place in that area but I did realize that we had never eaten as a group in East on the 2nd floor of Rustan’s Makati so I suggested it as a dinner venue and everyone agreed.

I've been to East a couple of times before but those visits were circa 2005-2006 so I couldn’t remember what I ate there or what was good. I agreed to split a maki dish with Me-Ann but that would obviously not be enough for me so I decided to get a bowl of noodles as well. Later on I wished I ordered something else since I realized I wasn’t in the mood for noodles haha. In any case, it was once again great enjoying a meal with my friends Pia, Me-Ann, Raffa and Joh. Coffee in UCC CafĂ© followed after. Mike called us at around 8:30 PM and asked if he should still join us but he heard everyone else’s laughter and noise in the background and decided he wanted a piece of that LOL. So we all agreed to wait for him and he arrived about half an hour later.

We stayed out for about an hour more but it was early in the week so we couldn’t really afford to stay out to late yet again. (Maybe in our younger years we could all have partied ‘til late night and then still got up early the next day LOL). Too bad some of our other friends in town couldn’t join us but it was a great fun night nonetheless.

No comments: