Friday, August 27, 2010

My new cross-trainers

I haven't had any exercise in almost two months (the last time being my marathon last July 4!!). I've been having some cash flow problems recently so I didn't want to make a big purchases (by big, I mean items that cost a couple thousand bucks) until I got my finances sorted out, and since I broke my running shoes during the marathon, I couldn't hit the gym until I got myself a new pair.

With all the extra inches I'm gaining around my waist, I decided to start weight training again and alternate it with running and hopefully get back to a much more desirable level of fitness. I've read that you aren't supposed to use running shoes for anything else except running, so I figured I needed cross-trainers as well.

I saw this really cool pair of Nike cross-trainers in the Nike shop in Powerplant but it cost almost P5000 so I didn't want to buy it then. Which was a smart thing to do because I saw the same pair in Toby's Sports in Megamall. Toby's is currently having an anniversary sale (started last August 13 and runs until September 19) and the pair I wanted, the Nike Air Trainer 1 Low SL Men's training shoe, was on sale at 30% off! I decided to get it then and there. This is what my new shoes look like (it's the same model but I have a different color):


The only problem now is that I am really liking my new trainers and I don't want to mess them up by using them for working out LOL. Maybe I can just start using my Nike Frees for my trips to the gym and I can use my new trainers as my new casual shoes. :)

No comments: