Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meeting up with Ching and John

My good friends Ching and John were in town for the weekend. I got a text from John on Friday to inviting me to meet up that same night but unfortunately I was already booked pretty much the entire weekend. Thankfully, they were in town until Thursday.

I managed to have dinner with them in Kabisera by Dencio's on Monday night. It was actually sort of a family dinner - having dinner with us were Ching's parents and her sister Kathy who is also a really good friend of mine. But I guess since Ching and John didn't have a lot of time in Manila, they decided to extend the invitation (two other friends of theirs, Millie and Cy, also joined us that evening) to make sure we got to see each other while they were here.

It was really good catching up with them while they were here since it was several months since I saw them last. I also found out that Kathy is getting married next year - she has been engaged for a while but they now have a wedding date. She asked me if I could sing in her wedding and of course I said yes. She also asked me if I would mind singing along with the UP Singing Ambassadors and I told her that she shouldn't be asking me that question - rather, she should be asking the Singing Ambassadors if they were okay singing with me LOL.

It was a good night but obviously there wasn't a lot of time to catch up. Hopefully, I get to see Ching, John, and Kathy again some time soon. Maybe during the Christmas holidays.

No comments: