Monday, July 19, 2010

Karaoke party

Last Saturday, I organized a big karaoke party for our band org at work. I was expecting about 20 or more people to attend, so when an hour had passed and I will still the only person in a room that could fit 40 people, I was starting to get really disappointed. A few people arrived and for about a couple of hours there were 6 of us - mostly new members.

It was only until around two and a half to three hours in that more people came in - most of them being the original few members of the org and it felt a lot like a old school reunion of sorts. I was expecting to wrap up after 4 hours - we only had enough budget to pay for that much time - but with most people coming in really late, we ended up extending until around 2:30am, with everyone starting to get pretty loud and crazy after midnight.

It was a lot of fun, and I must say I was really happy that it allowed some of the new members to get to meet and bond with the older people. Thanks to everyone who attended: Jody, Ainah, Mon L., Omar, Kiko, Thea, Jef, Ja, RJ, Jong, Philip, and Gie. :)

No comments: