Saturday, May 29, 2010

My new health regimen

Around November to December of last year, I kept getting sick. I'd have tonsillitis one week and be on antibiotics, then once the tonsillitis cleared, I'd have pharo-laryngitis which required a completely different set of meds. I'd be heading to the clinic every week and at one point, my blood pressure was pretty low. My CBC results indicated I was anemic so my doctor advised me to start taking vitamins that are high in iron content. I went to the drugstore to compare different multivitamins and I decided to start taking Centrum.

However, Centrum doesn't have very high Vitamin C content. I figured that if I was getting sick all the time, I needed more Vitamin C. And antioxidants. So while in the supermarket, I stumble upon Berri, a brand of juice that has a lot of vitamins. One of the variants, breakfast juice with antioxidants, had 150% of the required daily allowance of Vitamin C, while another variant, breakfast juice with fibre, had 200% of the Vitamin C RDA. So while it wasn't all that cheap, I figured that drinking one glass of Berri a day along with Centrum would help me get healthier.

I can't really say I'm all that healthy now, but so far this year I haven't gotten sick for prolonged periods of time yet (knock on wood...) I'm guessing that my new health regimen has something to do with it. I'd sometimes drink Harvey Fresh apple juice (apple juice is known to be high in antioxidants and has good vitamin C content too) or Del Monte Fit 'N Right (which has 100% RDA of Vitamin C and L-Carnatine which is supposed to help burn fat LOL) instead just so I don't get tired of drinking the same juice all the time. All these drinks and the vitamins impact my budget for sure but if it helps me stay healthy, it's definitely worth it.

No comments: