Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sand Animation in Ukraine's Got Talent

My friend Kathy shared this link to me and I thought it was amazing and powerful. Check it out:


video uploaded in youtube by user anarchistica

The woman doing the sand animation, Kseniya Simonova, won Ukraine's Got Talent with this performance that moved people in to tears. According to the video information, it is meant to interpret the invasion and occupation of Ukraine from 1941 to 1945. The scenes she chose to create, the way she went from one image to the next, the music that played in the background, and her own performance skills, make this truly incredible.

I would never have thought that sand animation would make its way into any talent show, but after seeing this I am definitely not surprised she won.

No comments: