Sunday, August 10, 2008

My 5th Marathon for a Cause a success! :)

After 2 1/2 months of getting ready, running 237 kilometers during training, and dealing with 2 1/2 hours of rain during the actual run, I completed my fifth Marathon for a Cause last Sunday, August 3, in 5 hours and 36 minutes.


And in the process, I raised more than P75,000 for PGH patients!

I haven't been updating this blog for a while because I decided to put up another blog for my marathon, and I spent most of my blogging time there in the last couple of weeks. Check out my Marathon-for-a-cause blog: http://marathonforacause.wordpress.com/

Click here to read more about how my run went on August 3.

Click here to see photos that my friend Marco took of me while I was running (Marco provided bike support to me during my run): http://picasaweb.google.com/cqpobre/MarathonForACause2008

And here's a video of me running during the marathon (also taken by Marco):



It's amazing to think that I have actually run five marathons already in my life. When I started running in early 2003, my life goal was to run 25 kilometers at some point in my life. And five years later, I've gone the whole 42 kilometer distance on five separate occasions.

But the important thing about all this is that I am able to raise money to help patients in the Philippine General Hospital who can't afford to pay for their medicine and diagnostic tests.

Thanks to all my family and friends for your generosity, encouragement, and support. Until next year! :)

No comments: