Friday, July 04, 2008

Marathon training tracker - July 3

Target distance: 16 km
Target time: 1 hr 41 mins
Actual time: 1 hr 42 mins

Short of my target time again but not by much. Seems like I'm over-estimating my abilities LOL.

I had dinner at around 615pm - 2-piece fully loaded meal in KFC - and since I was planning to run at a bit past 8pm, I felt that 1 1/2 hours would be enough time for the food to settle in my stomach and not be a distraction during my run. It didn't seem like it though when I started running at around 820pm - I could somehow feel some extra weight and I actually felt like throwing up a few times during my training. Clearly this is not the way you are supposed to do it LOL but then again, I've never really been very scientific with my running.

Next target: 24 km in 2 hours 40 minutes.

I will also attempt to run on the road for the first time in my training this year. I'm a bit worried since the circuit I plan on running is 3k long, and so far I've been rehydrating every 2k. I guess this just means I need to stay well-hydrated tomorrow and on Saturday before I run. Wish me luck!

No comments: