Monday, March 17, 2008

Whew!

I saved a lot of my earlier digital photos - circa 2001-2003 - in a desktop that we have in my family's home. Anyways, my brother had been meaning to have it looked at and wanted me to back up the stuff I had in there. The only files I had there though were my photos so I started transferring them to my laptop.

When I started sorting my photos, however, I couldn't seem to find the photos I took during a trip to Paris that I took in Feb 2003. I was aghast! I took a lot of pics during that trip, and it pained me that I may actually have lost those digital photos forever. I consoled myself with the fact that I at least printed some of the pics from that trip (I had been meaning to put them in a photo album for the longest time but I haven't gotten around to it, but that's a different story).

Then I realized - I printed them out! Now, obsessive-compulsive that I am, whenever I want to have photos printed out, I copy those photos into a CD which I then bring to Fujifilm where I normally have digital photos developed. So that means I may have actually copied at least some of my Paris photos onto a CD that I stashed somewhere (yeah, not only am I an obsessive-compulsive, I'm also a pack-rat).

So last weekend I started digging up all my old CDs. And by sheer luck, I actually found one that had my Paris photos! Wahoo!!

What was even better is that this CD that I dug up actually contained ALL my Paris photos (and not just the ones I had printed out). Apparently, I didn't save those photos in the desktop we have at home, but I did save them in the laptop I used in my previous job. I transferred those pictures to a CD when I got a replacement work laptop in 2004, and that's why I didn't initially find that CD with the rest of the CDs where I saved files from my laptop before I resigned in 2006. Confusing? :)

Anyways, finding those photos actually made my day. Now I am planning to sort all my photos during the long weekend. I haven't even gotten around to blogging about my trip to Austria so hopefully after next week, I can do it already.

No comments: