Friday, October 05, 2007

Elliott in Manila!

Hi folks. Sorry for being quiet for the last few weeks. As you might have realized, Elliott was just in the Philippines for his 5-show Ayala Malls tour. As a dedicated fan, I managed to watch all four shows in Manila:

  • Trinoma on Sept. 21
  • Glorietta (with my mom) on Sept. 22
  • Market! Market! on Sept. 23
  • Alabang Town Center on Sept. 28

And let me tell you, if you thought he sounded fantastic on TV while watching American Idol, or while listening to "Wait for you" on the radio, he sounds so much better live! Elliott coming to the Philippines was truly the best birthday gift I could've gotten. The icing on the cake? Check this out:


(photo courtesy of my friend 'Wandergirl'. Thanks a lot for this!)

Woohoo!!! Imagine. A year and a half ago, I could only dream of getting to see Elliott perform live once. Now, I've done the following:

  • watch him perform live FOUR times
  • get him to autograph my CD (my mom got an autographed CD as well)
  • meet him, shake his hand, and have a quick chat with him on FOUR separate occasions
  • have my picture taken with him
  • be part of TWO group photos with him along with the other Yaminoys

I'll be posting more about Elliott's visit to the Philippines over the next few days. But in the meantime, let me leave you with this video I took of Elliott performing my favorite song from his album, "One Word". (This is slated to be Elliott's next single in the US. Hopefully they start playing it in radio stations here soon; they are currently playing "Movin' On")

(Something's wrong with the image display so just click on the play button in the center of the video to get it to work)


If you haven't gotten his album yet, it is now available in the Philippines so make sure you get a copy! :)

No comments: