Wednesday, June 06, 2007

French Open substitute

As I mentioned recently, I decided to forego a trip to Paris to watch one day of the French Open last Sunday. So instead, I decided I would visit Copenhagen.

No pictures yet, as I haven't downloaded them. But the trip was, again, a very good one. And if you do take a trip to Scandinavia, you should spend a couple of days in Copenhagen. I was there for only a day, but I plan to visit again, maybe either this weekend or next, because there are a lot more places I would like to see and experience.

I'll hold out on writing about the different sights once I've sorted out my photos. And for the first time in a long time, I brought my trusty tripod with me so I do have a few photos that have me in it.

And while we are on the topic of the French Open, I'm glad that Jelena Jankovic, my new favorite player, has reached the semifinals. Unfortunately, she now faces a very in-form Justine Henin-Hardenne who is at her best on clay and is gunning for her third straight title (and 4th overall) in Roland Garros. Jelena has always given Justine trouble with tough three-set matches, but she has never managed to win so far. Maybe this will change tomorrow. I will keep my fingers crossed. And with Ana Ivanovic in the other women's semifinal (I think she can actually upset #2 Maria Sharapova), it may possibly be an all Serbian final in the French Open. Good luck Jelena!

No comments: