Tuesday, May 08, 2007

So where have I been?

Since the start of the year, I've been pretty good at keeping this blog up to date. So what happened to me in the last 3 weeks?

Well, I took my first home leave to Manila on the week of April 22. And by home leave I just mean that I went back to Manila but still had to work from there. It was one of the most hectic weeks I've had this year, due to a couple of things.

First, I had only one week to meet up with my family and friends (and naturally there was not really enough time to meet up with everyone). Second, I had to buy a lot of stuff I needed, like new jeans and an external hard drive, as well as other stuff that cost a lot less in Manila. Third, and the main reason why I went home on that particular week, was that my mom was going to visit me in Europe for two weeks, beginning the week of April 29. Since we were going to use my mileage program to get her a free flight, I thought it would be better if I was in Manila the week before her trip so I could help her sort stuff out. And also, we could fly to Lund together.

As it turns out, my mom could no longer get on the same flight I was on, so she ended up arriving in Copenhagen 16 hours ahead of me on April 28 (she got there at about 7am and I arrived at close to 11pm). She visited the Kronborg Castle near Copenhagen, which is supposed to be the inspiration for the castle in Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' (she felt it was a bit overrated).

So okay, that explains why I didn't get to blog for the week of April 22. What about last week? Well, I actually took a few days off work (april 30 and May 1 were holidays here) so I could bring my mom on a mini-Scandinavian tour: to Oslo and Bergen in Norway, then to Stockholm. I arrived in Lund late last night while my mom continued to Spain and Portugal. She will be back in Lund late this week, then we visit my grand aunt in Gothenburg on Saturday.

So of course you can expect a lot more stories about my fantastic mini-Scandinavian tour over the next few days because that is about the time it will take for me to write about my experiences and to sort my pictures (over 400 of them...)

No comments: