Friday, April 13, 2007

[SWEDEN] Malmo in photos

Two weekends ago, I spent the day walking around Malmo with my colleague Marlena and our Lithuanian friend Martynas. These photos are taken from St Petri kyrkan (St. Peter church) and from our walk around the parks.

This is the Malmohus, a museum that used to be a castle. It sits right next to the Kungsparken, one of the parks in Malmo.

St. Petri kyrkan...

with its elaborate four-tiered altar...

and an equally intricate pulpit.

Marlena said she doesn't want me to put up pictures of her in my blog but this one doesn't really show her clearly enough so I thought it should be okay for me to share it. For some reason, I like the lighting in this shot.

The Kramare side chapel. Apparently, the inside of this church, along with a lot of other churches during the Reformation, was painted white, covering almost all the medieval murals painted on the ceilings. The only part of this church that was left with its original murals is this side chapel, the Kramare (or merchant's).

Spring is in the air! I took a photo of these flowers in the Gamla Begravningsplatsen, or Old Cemetery, which was right next to the parks.

Malmo is known as the city of parks. There are three adjacent parks - Kungsparken, Slottsparken, and Mariedalspark.

Eh, don't ask me what this is. We spotted it while walking through the parks.

And here's a nice little tree-lined path.

No comments: