Sunday, February 04, 2007

[SWEDEN] Walking around the city

It's a pity that I didn't have my camera with me when I left the hotel earlier today for lunch. The sun was shining brightly and the sky was blue. Would've been a perfect day to take pictures.

I grabbed a Big King Meal in Burger King before walking around the city to try and orient myself on how the streets are mapped out. I'm supposed to pick-up my rental car on Monday and I wanted to see where the Hertz office was so I wouldn't have to spend time looking for it on Monday morning. I walked a bit more, this time from the Hertz office, looking for the point in the road that I knew led to the office and I managed to find it. So hopefully Monday morning driving will be simple enough.

Because it was such a clear day and the weather quite friendly, I decided to keep walking and see other parts of the city I haven't seen. I found myself in the park that was a mere stone's throw away from my hotel. I slowed my pace and took in all the peace and serenity I could in the midst of the cool air and the tall trees. I saw kids frolicking in the playground, old couples sitting quietly on benches while basking in the bright sunshine that is so rare in winter, families at the edge of a pond feeding all types of waterfowl with bits of bread, and people walking their dogs or going for a run on the dirt path that went all around the park.

All in all, a nice calm and almost meditative afternoon. Now I know where to go for a run. Or to feed some ducks. =)

No comments: