Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ramblings

Have you ever played the computer version of ‘Hearts’? I only recently actually started playing it when I bought my very own personal laptop. The way the computer game goes is that once one of the players reaches 100, the game is over and the person with the least points wins. My initial best score was 4. Shortly after that, I managed to shave off a couple of points and get a personal best score of 2. I then recently managed to get it down to 1. And well, yesterday, I finally got a perfect 0! I was so happy hahaha of course it’s such a lame thing to be happy about but well I’m very easily pleased so it’s all good. =)

I also went to the gym yesterday, and I have to say that I’m pleased that I’ve been disciplined enough to keep going to the gym three times a week for the last 2 1/2 months already. I was actually really pleased that yesterday I got to increase the weight I am lifting. The downside is that I did super-sets and my body is still really sore today (it’s been more than 24 hours and arms are still hurting). The upsetting thing too (well okay not that upsetting…) is that I haven’t lost any weight. Then again, if I think about the food I’ve been eating recently I guess it kinda makes sense that I am not losing weight. I really need to cut down on desserts. But well I don’t want to hahaha so I guess staying at my current weight is acceptable. =)

I’ve cut down as well on my tennis. But not because I don’t want to play anymore. The problem is that rainy season seems to have moved down a few months and now I am unable to play in the uncovered tennis courts that I normally play in. What I have realized though is that reducing the number of times I work hard physically each week seems to be allowing my muscles to recover better. Maybe by the time the rainy season’s over, I’m more used to exercising a lot and I’d be better equipped to handle both the tennis and the gym workouts.

I was also watching the Amazing Race 10 yesterday. Someone noted that this season seems particularly inclined towards diversity – Korean duo, Muslim pair, Indian couple, African-American women, and gay guys, along with your requisite model guys and beauty queens. Interestingly enough, half the ‘diverse’ groups are now gone, and in fact the Muslims and Indians were both gone in the first episode after an interesting mid-show elimination left the Muslims as well as all the other contestants shocked. What I realized too is that there have been lots of male gay couples in the past (most notable are previous winners Reichen and Chip) but I don’t seem to recall any female gay couple. Not sure why that is. Is the public still not ready for a female gay couple on TV? Or maybe it’s just that the Amazing Race don’t get enough lesbian pairs applying for a shot at a million dollars?

Anyway, to close this message I have decided to put a joke I got from a friend of mine a while back that really cracked me up. It’s in Filipino and I’m not sure it’ll be as funny when translated so to all my readers (yeah like I have that many haha) who can’t speak in Filipino, better find someone who can translate this for you:

Nakatakas si Erap, FVR, at GMA sa mga terorista at nagtago sa mga sako sa isang farm.

Terrorist 1: Anong nakikita mo diyan?
Terrorist 2: Mga sako lang.
Terrorist 1: Tingnan mo ang laman!

Sinipa ng terorista ang sako. “Meow!” sabi ni GMA.

Terrorist 2: Pusa!

Sinipa ang isa pang sako. “Aw aw!” sabi ni FVR!

Terrorist 2: Aso!

Sinipa ang isa pang sako ngunit walang tunog kaya sinipa niya ito ng sinipa. Nasasaktan na si Erap kaya sabi niya…

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

PATATAS AKO KAY WALA AKONG SOUND!


Haha have a good day folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think people now a days accepts lesbians. There are a lot of lesbians characters in the different shows here in the US. Some of them are "The L Word- It portrays the lives of a group lesbians and bisexuals", "Lindsay and Melanie -lesbian couple in Queer as Folk- US Version", "Susan - 1st wife of Ross in the series Friens", and Ellen DeGeneres from the Emmy Award winning show The Ellen DeGeneres Show".

Erap jokes never dies. I always reads your blog, big fan..... Hehehe.