Thursday, February 23, 2006

Toss up

American Idol 5 is underway and for the first time in a while, I don't have a clear favorite. This is so unlike last year season when I was rooting for Bo, or the season before that when I was rooting for Fantasia.

So now I have four favorites - Paris, Mandisa, Katharine, and Taylor. I'd love for them all to reach the top 4 but I don't think that'll happen, so I will settle for all four of them making it to the top 6 (I'm pretty sure all four of them are a lock to get into the top 12). I'm kinda liking Elliott too, but I'll find out tonight if I am going to be rooting for any of the other men because I really haven't seen a lot of AI recently and I don't know who has great pipes among them.

Fearless forecast (based on what I've heard and what I've read):
  • top 6 girls - Katharine, Paris, Mandisa, Lisa, Kellie, Ayla (or heck it could be Brenna just because the producers want to keep a contravida around for the people to cheer against
  • top 6 guys - Taylor, David, Ace, Chris, Sway (mainly coz he'll be carried to the top 12 by the Filipino block vote. He's okay but he's not one of my faves, so I don't think I would vote for him if I was in the US), then either Will or Elliott but I want Elliott to get through.
So well good luck to my fave 4! If they all make it to the top 4 it would be fantastic, but I'd settle for one of them winning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi christian,
been lurking around your blog for sometime now.
thought it was time to say hi and stop lurking. manok ko din si katherine mcphee. :)
hope you're doing well.