I actually owe this to Tanya who tagged me several weeks ago to do this. Anyway, here are 20 random facts about me.
1. I don't know how to swim. I can move in the water for a few to several meters maybe, but I am holding my breath the entire time so when I run out of air, I'm dead. =)
2. I once broke a tooth during an ice cream eating contest. The ice cream came straight out of the freezer and was rock-hard.
3. I am such a geek that I actually recall (from 2nd year HS biology) the scientific name of the following: rice, corn, dog, cat, lion, tiger, red tide, a certain blood fluke, a certain liver fluke, tapeworm in pigs, tapeworm in cows, gumamela, and makahiya. Yeah, I know, not really something to be proud of.
4. When I was in 4th grade, I co-hosted with June Kiethley for a couple of Children's hour episodes in Channel 4.
5. I drink too much caffeine. I down about 3-4 cups of coffee a day. That's not even counting the coke lights I have...
6. I have a big crush on Hilarie Burton a.k.a. Peyton Sawyer in One Tree Hill.
7. I am allergic to crab meat.
8. My most embarrassing moment happened when I was in college - I forgot the lyrics to the National Anthem while singing it in front of a fairly large crowd. The National Anthem! My God...
9. I have visited 16 countries so far in my life.
10. I actually started playing badminton more than a decade ago, when it wasn't popular yet. At the time, my friends and I were pretty much the best badminton players I knew. Now, I can name dozens upon dozens of people who can kick by butt. Can't believe I have now been left behind! hehehe
11. I am scared of heights and of spiders.
12. My record for number of pan pizza slices eaten at one time is thirteen. Happened during the Pizza Hut Eat-all-you-can days.
13. I have near-perfect vision.
14. When I was 10 years old, I managed to be an extra in a TV commercial. You couldn't really see me - I was in a crowd of kids. Got paid P700 for that short stint on TV. Back then, that was very good money.
15. I am planning to take Spanish and French lessons at some point in the next 1-3 years.
16. I do not know how to play any instrument (I barely got to Grade 1 on piano). And here I am, in an alternative rock band...
17. It's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep before midnight. That only happens when I wake up terribly early in the morning and am dead-tired by the end of the day.
18. You know how the person in a passenger seat of a car is supposed to talk the driver to keep the driver awake while driving? Well, you don't have to do that if I'm driving. Everyone in the car could be asleep for all I care. As long as I get to the play the car stereo, I'm fine.
19. I've done the Shooters in Cocomangas (you know, 15 and still standing) twice in my life already. No more plans to try it a 3rd time.
20. I can wiggle my ears.