Friday, July 08, 2005

Checking in

Well it's been quite some time since I posted my last message but the last week has really been one of the most stressful weeks I've had in a while. For a whole variety of reasons.

Last week, Amy, Duncan and Lucas came home from Cincinnati because Amy's sister, Amor, was taken to the ICU. Unfortunately, when they got here, Amor had already passed away. The necrological services were held on Sunday night from around 830-1030pm and the cremation was on Monday early morning. Due to work I was no longer able to go to the cremation, but I was able to go to the wake on Saturday night as well as the necrological service on Sunday.

I also got sick last Tuesday. And it was such a bad time to get sick. I had two meetings at work, a band meeting and a jam at night, and I had a couple of deadlines on Wednesday. Since I got sick, I was unable to attend those meetings and my band meeting/practice. And when I got to the office on Wednesday, I felt like I was on turbo mode since I had those deadlines to meet.

Then this is also the first week in the last month that I had to cancel going to the gym. My personal trainer was only free on Friday at 5pm but since my Friday afternoon was free, I agreed to have a training session with him then. Unfortunately, I was informed only on Friday morning that I had a very important meeting I had to attend from 430-530pm. So I had to cancel my gym session. In the last month, this will be the first time that I will not be able to exercise for more than 2 days in a row. And that really pains me, especially since the rainy season has arrived which has massively screwed up me tennis lessons.

The Bukas Sarili Christmas card project is also not going very well. We only have two approved designs so far - the plan was that we would have ten designs by end-May. I am not completely sure what to do now. This will surely be hot topic in tomorrow's monthly meeting.

And finally, this whole GMA wiretapping issue. Before Gloria admitted that it was her voice on the recording, the buzz was that there would be no demand for Gloria to step down from the business sector. However, because GMA did acknowledge that she was indeed caught on tape, the business sector have now started protesting on the streets of Ayala, demanding that GMA step down. If she doesn't step down, I don't know what could happen. And if she does, I don't know what would happen. Such a fine mess we are in.

Times like these, I just have to think: this, too, shall pass.

No comments: