Monday, June 06, 2005

My recent buying spree

I think I actually need to call my credit cards to check how much in debt I already am coz recently, I got into a zone of buying stuff. To be fair, I don't think I bought anything whimsical and expensive, but I think I spent more than I should have as these small purchases all started piling up.

Let's start with VCDs. Nenen recently decided to sell her videos as what I guess to be a part of her apartment cleanup since she is moving out of her unit in Westgate by the end of the month. She had a truckload of videos and was selling her original VCDs at P40 each. A good bargain for me because if I rent VCDs at ACA, it'll cost me P30 each. Yeah yeah I know, I must be the only person still renting videos and buying original, but well if I end up being in showbiz at least I can say I've been (mostly) anti-piracy all the way. =) Anyway, I ended up getting about 35 VCDs, including the entire 5th season of 'Friends'. I started watching them already over the weekend.

Also, my marathon will be on August 7. As such, I need to start training at least 3x a week. And since I also joined this 21-day challenge in my company, I get 15 free trips to the gym, and 10 free sessions with a physical trainer. Add to this the fact that I am still taking tennis lessons (I still have 4 sessions that I have already paid for). So it'll be a physically fit June for me, with exercise practically every day. Thus, I decided to buy a couple more sports shirts. I got an Adidas Climacool shirt, a Nike sphere shirt, and a Nike dri-fit shirt. I have to say, since I got my first drifit shirt a couple of years ago and with my level of perspiration during phyiscal activities (a cotton shirt really weighs down on you after you run 10km), I realized that with shirts, it's drifit and similar fabric shirts or bust for me. That said, it does cost me a lot of dough.

I also got a lot of music CDs. Over Amazon I ordered the Blues Brothers 2000 OST, Aretha's Amazing Grace live recordings, Diamond music from Karl Jenkins, and the Cosima single 'When the war is over' which I heard on a plane trip a year ago and which I promised myself I would get (this Australian Idol runner up or 3rd placer has a fantastic voice). I also purchased the American Idol 4 Showstoppers CD as well as Fantasia's 'I believe' single. My mom also asked me to get a video of the Wizard of Oz so I got the DVD at Tower (it was on sale). And on another trip of mine to gateway, I found this CD of Ron Miller, "Somewhere in time and other piano classics." When I was a kid, my mom bought a cassette tape of this and I used to listen to it a lot as a kid, so I decided to get this CD as well (P100, not bad for a CD with 20 songs in it).

Then yesterday, I got myself a new mattress. Why, you ask? Well, that's because my bed fell apart about 2 months ago and I got a new bed last month (yeah, I slept on a broken bed for a month or so =)). The problem with my new bed is that it had larger metal bars as compared to my previous bed, and my old mattress was quite thin. So when I lie down on the mattress, my weight flattens it to the point where I can actually feel the metal bars against my body. Suffice it to say I would feel quite sore each morning that I got up. So I got a new mattress that's about 6 inches thick and well, I slept a lot more comfortably last night than I have over the last few weeks.

And as I mentioned in a previous post, I also bought some running shoes last week, and still plan to buy those thick running socks to prevent blisters. So there you go. A truckload of cash gone down the drain. I have a wishlist of stuff I still want to buy actually (like the Kenneth Cole watches I saw in Powerplant) so maybe I can post that here soon so some kind reader would be nice enough to buy them for me. (Haha yeah I know, fat chance. =))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. Everytime I am bored, and sometimes doing nothing at home, I normally read blogs. Just keep your wish lists posted, somebody might send you something!:)