Thursday, June 16, 2005

1st week results...

The last week has been a true test of will power on my part as I began my attempt to do well in the 21-day challenge. I managed to exercise for more than 30 minutes in five out of the first seven days of the challenge. What's even more impressive is that I have managed to say no to the following food and beverage items on several occasions: chocolate buffet, coke, coke light, chocolate mousse, wine, ice cream, Mary Grace brownies, dark chocolate, coffee bean sans rival, mange crepe, banana crepe, and beer. Also note that I had to say no to these food items during (1) my gimmick with my HP friends, (2) Gary's wedding, (3) the dinner at Mitch's place, and (4) my team dinner last night. Not exactly easy to explain to people why I can't even have one glass of wine or one spoonful of mousse (I have to keep saying that after 21 days it'll be okay and I just need to earn the points for three weeks). Me saying no to food? That's a first.

But it seems to have paid off. When I weighed myself two Mondays ago, I was 167 lbs. On Wednesday last week, I was 165lbs. And yesterday, I was about 160-161lbs. That's about 5lbs in a week, and 7lbs in 9 days. What's even better is that my body fat percentage has gone down from 31.5% to 30%. This means that of the ~5lbs I have lost, almost 4lbs are fat. I have lost 4lbs of fat! Wahoo! (Must be the near elimination of dessert in my diet).

Hopefully by the end of the month, I will be close to 150lbs and have a body fat percentage of about 28% (maybe get a six-pack along the way hehehe). Not a bad thing to pull off before I turn 30. =)

No comments: