Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Slowdown in posting

Guess it's kinda obvious that things have been quite hectic the last couple of weeks - I used to have a new post every few days but now it's been more like one a week. Of course the last few weeks haven't been the kindest. There were the rehearsals for the zarzuela last week, deadlines at work, lots of activity in Bukas Sarili (including the sorting last weekend, the rummage sale this weekend, and the kick-off of both the Christmas cards and pledge run projects), plus band practice. But I don't really have anyone to blame for my predicament but myself. After all, I am not really forced to do any of the things I do. Ah well, better to be busy than idle. And it should get a bit slower after this weekend. Or at the very least, I hope it does.

Speaking of band rehearsals, I think Plan B didn't get the Yero gig. However, Still Oz had our reunion gig last night and it was an absolute blast!!! I had a sore throat actually (the teambuilding event we had in Tagaytay on Monday wiped me out completely) but it cleared up sufficiently before the gig for me to sound decent enough and hit most of my high notes. But what made that gig great? Well, for starters, Still Oz haven't played together since Feb 18, and in fact our last gig with John V was way back in December (it should've been January but he ended up getting sick on our only Jan gig before he left). Also, it was the first time Sep played with us as Still Oz, and the bass sound just completely freed up both John Q and Bunky, enhancing our sound. Cholo also played with a full drumset in a gig for the first time. The best thing though was the crowd. Ponti was absolutely packed (it was standing room only!) and the entire crowd were very appreciative of our performance. IT folks from all over Asia who were in Manila on a business trip decided to swing by and check our gig too. Truth be told, we were rusty and made a lot of mistakes, but for the most part it was good, if not great, entertainment and music with lots of passion that seemed to move the people there. Oz mentioned that the owner of Ponti was interested to get us for another gig there soon. John V said that a lot of other people who were there that night wanted to get us for weddings (an alternative rock band in a wedding? go figure), events, and gigs, and that Dex would handle all those things for us. Hopefully this pulls Still Oz out of its hiatus. If it doesn't, at least it gives me good hope that we will end up still playing all together when everyone's skeds start to free up. Cool. =)

No comments: