Monday, May 23, 2005

Cool weekend

Friday night - Zarzuela cast and crew reunion in Red Box!!! There were only 10 of us there - myself, Denz, Ghe, Donna, Stelz, Queena, Mark, Ivy, RB, and Chris - but it was loads of fun nonetheless! Highlights included the duets of Ghe and Denz (they were like those really funny and talented karaoke bar gay hosts, especially when they sang 'I can' from the movie 'Do Re Mi' hehehe), Mark's Josh Groban-like performances, and of course the never-ending picture-taking. Of course, given the group of people you had there, it wasn't a surprise that we practically went through the entire Mariah Carey and Regine Velasquez playlist. We then headed to Starbucks GB3 to have coffee before we called it a night. Interestingly enough, this was the same place where we converged after the 'Walang Kupas' performance. Official tambyan na ba namin 'to? Hehehe

Saturday-Sunday - I took my family to Oakwood for two nights! The room was great and as we were on the 18/F the views were cool. My nephew CJ loved the swimming pool and the bath tub, and the buffet breakfasts were not bad at all. Plus, both my mom and I were able to use the treadmill. Oakwood's location and the fact that is was a serviced apartment made it very convenient too. We were easily able to buy groceries, cook, and use the washing machine and dryer. It also meant I had enough to get my tennis racquet restrung and have the grip replaced. And since we were officially on vacation (albeit in Manila), dessert played a great part - we bought Arce Dairy Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream (you should try this) and Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (you should also try this) on Saturday, and 3 slices of Chocolate Chocnut cake from Museum Cafe on Sunday (this one you should try too). My mom also got to watch Episode 3 and loved it, and on her way back to the room, she bought some pansit and spicy cuttlefish from Superbowl.

What's more, I finally finished the book I bought a couple of months ago (Lucky You). I read about 50 pages on Sat night and the last 100 on Sunday night. I guess I oughtta buy a new book, or okay, read one of the books I have at home that I haven't read. =) But I guess I can officially say that Carl Hiaasen is now one of my favorite authors.

Finally, spending the weekend in Oakwood had one final bonus - I was able to have a full breakfast on Monday morning without being late for my training at 830am. Brilliant. =)

No comments: