Wednesday, April 13, 2005

What's new?

New game - Goodbye text twist and collapse, hello Flip Word! If you go to Yahoo games, you will see it somewhere there. It's kinda like $1M chance of a lifetime of wheel of fortune. If you try this game, let me know what you think of it.

New book - I think I read only one book (that wasn't a school text book) from about 1992 to 1999. From 2000 up until now, I think I averaged about 1 book a year: a Robert Ludlum (or was it Frederick Forsyth?) book which I can't recall, 'Armadillo' by William Boyd, 'Sick Puppy' by Carl Hiaasen, 'Fever Pitch' by Nick Hornby, 'Unreliable Memoirs' by Clive James, and 'Letters from a Nut' compiled by Jerry Seinfeld, so my book-reading has definitely picked up. As you can see, I am into reading semi-light books that are either outright funny or have wry humor - you know, the type of book that you can put down for a couple of days or even weeks and still pick up where you left off without having to think 'who is this character?' or 'what happened?' and start reading the last dozen or so pages again to make sure you are not lost. Well recently there was a sale in Powerbooks so I decided to pick up another book by Hiaasen called 'Lucky You'. Premise - woman wins lottery, but there's another lottery ticket winner, a pair of criminals, and they steal her ticket. So she enlists the help of this journalist to go after the lottery ticket thieves. It's been quite fun to read so far.

New DVD - well okay not really new, it's about 3-4 weeks old, but as I haven't mentioned it then it's new. =) I am such a fan of 'The Incredibles' that when I saw posters saying it would be out by March 15, I went to Tower to get the DVD. Unfortunately they said it hadn't arrive yet (only VCD) so I had to wait a few more days but eventually it did come. Now ever since I got it, I have probably watched it maybe 6 times. My mom and older bro both didn't get to see it when it was shown in the cinema, so they watched my DVD and they both loved it. A lot of my friends found it quite dragging, but I guess what I love about it is how interesting the dynamics are of the family, as well as the issues they all have to deal with, both as a family and as superheroes, and of course seeing their powers on display. The special features of the DVD are cool, too!

No comments: