Thursday, April 07, 2005

Nikko is out!!! What the f*ck?!>$#W@^

The comeback kid has been ousted for the 2nd time. I don't get it. His performance last night was one of my favorite performances of the night. Simon was wrong - when I listened to it again, he was very rarely sharp or flat. What's worse for me is that Scott Savol, that big aloof-looking guy who doesn't seem to connect with his audience and who has put in more bad performances than anyone else who's still left in the competition (and who was badly out of tune singing One Last Cry last week and Impossible Dream this week), is still alive in the competition!

This is just unbelievable. Nikko hasn't been in the bottom 3 ever since he rejoined AI after Mario "I-am-using-AI-to-gain-the-popularity-I-need-for-my-recording-contract-with-P-Diddy" Vasquez quit. Then he puts in a performance just as good as his last three, and he's out? I have to say, I didn't see that coming.

Funny thing as well last night. Paula Abdul must've been on something as she usually seems to be. She was worshipping virtually every performance as if those performances were the best performances on AI ever. Classic - she implied that Vonzell was a better singer than Barbra by saying she hit a note that Barbra doesn't even go for and held it. Holy f*ck. Barbra doesn't hit the "E-flat" that Vonzell hits not because she can't but because she chooses not to (maybe she thinks the lower note sounds better with the song). Please, Paula, before you make a comment like that, make sure you hear Barbra's "Piece of Sky" from Yentl where she hits an equally high note and holds it for 17 seconds. 17 seconds.

My mom actually felt bad for Vonzell. After Paula's terribly misguided comment, she thought Vonzell might suffer a bit because people felt "hey, she's no Barbra!" and decided to vote for someone else. So maybe she was right as Vonzell was in the bottom 3. At least she's still in the competition. Someone needs to tell Paula that is she wants to keep Vonzell in AI she should refrain from such comments.

If Scott is not ousted next week, I am gonna be so pissed off.

No comments: