Thursday, April 21, 2005

More good news, bad news

Half-good, half-bad: I played a great game of tennis yesterday. Doubles match - my and my instructor vs Pia and her instructor. We won 7-6 (8-6 in the tie-break). Galing sobra. Seesawed back and forth many times. The bad part was that I jammed my wrist badly to return one of Pia's hard-hit serves, and now it is sprained. I hope it gets better by Saturday for our team's volleybally game.

Half-good, half-bad (again): Rehearsals for our musical presentation for P&G's 70th anniversary started today. I've never been in a musical before so this is really exciting. The bad part is that since my role doesn't come up until Act 3 and our script is still only up to Act 2, I still don't know what I am supposed to say and what songs I am supposed to sing, and naturally I didn't get to rehearse today. Ah well, we did get free dinner and I get tomorrow off since I have nothing to memorize for tomorrow's rehearsal.

Bad news: Anwar is out of American Idol!!! Oh man, the best technical singer is out. And Scott is still there! So two of my faves, Nadia and Anwar are out in successive weeks, both being dropped sooner than Scott. If Scott makes it to the top 4 or God forbid the top 3 I will be so disillusioned.

Good news: StillOz managed to book a Ponti gig on May 10, which is the time that John V will be here, we will have a StillOz reunion. Plus - we now have a bassist! The back-up band which was formed while Oz and John Q are unavailable due to workload - consisting of Cholo, Bunky, Sep and myself - will also have an audition next Tuesday at around 10pm in Greenhills. Hopefully this means a few more gigs for us. And when StillOz comes out of its hiatus in a couple of months, we will have the bass sound which we have always been missing. We practiced 9 songs last Tuesday and the bass guitar really does bring a richer sound to the band and allows Bunky to play around and be more musical. I can't wait to do It's probably me and Anti-gravity! =)

1 comment:

Anton said...

I haven't seen one of your gigs yet. Sorry for that. Post your gigs scheds and maybe one of these days I can see you guys... sayang wala na si mike a.