Monday, April 11, 2005

It's sad but true: good guys finish last

Next to American Idol, the Amazing Race is the only other reality TV show that I follow. Fear factor I watch every now, but only when there's nothing else available and when the stunt looks cool (none of that disgusting eating stuff ugh). Survivor I followed only the Africa one before I realized I didn't like the politics involved in that game. So yeah, I only watch AI and TAR now.

That is, until Rob and Amber. They are the dirtiest and most conniving, self-absorbed and conceited people I have ever seen on the Amazing Race. It annoys me that they were allowed to play in the Amazing Race considering they had global celebrity status already, and that fact has already gotten them places as fans of theirs were oh-so-ready to help them out. And they just had to take their evil Survivor ways, which as I said is one of the reasons I know longer watch Survivor, to TAR, thus making it painful to watch.

But what completely got to me was the fact that these two people, who already won a million bucks and are global celebrities, didn't even bother to stop and help the brothers when their truck flipped over and their cameraman was lying on the ground. Amber and Rob didn't even stop by to say, "hey guys do you need help?" or "hey do you need us to go get someone from TAR to help you out?" No, they just drive by and Rob throws out an excuse while smirking to their cameraman, saying "it's still a race so I'm not stopping" or something like that (I wish I had the actual quote, when he said that it made my blood boil). I am so glad that at the finish line, Phil pointed it out to them and what does Rob do? He says "It's a race, bro." God, despite all his blessings he still wants frickin' more.

What's truly sad though is that they will most likely win TAR7. As such I have given up watching this season. What I would love to happen though is that they end up in the top 3 and lose narrowly to Lynn and Alex, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I wish that maybe at some point a reality TV show comes up where good guys finish first for a change, and assholes get their just rewards in the end. Yeah yeah I know, wishful thinking.

No comments: