Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Good news, bad news

It's been about a week since I posted something in my blog so hodgepodge muna ito.

Let's start off with great news: my nephews CJ and Ciera got into Community of Learners. We were worried they wouldn't get in coz we applied a bit too late. But I guess Community realized that both my nephews need some help in school and that they won't be able to do very well in a regular classroom setting. I just hope that Community can really help them both out.

Another bit of good news: I finally found Guysack! Remember that Scorpion Zoid that CJ had been asking for since last Christmas which we couldn't find anymore? Well, the other day when I got home, CJ asked me if I had a prize for him and I asked him what he wanted. He said he wanted Guysack, the Scorpion Zoid (we've proven that when CJ wants something he really remembers it no matter what) so I decided to swing by Kidz Station in Glorietta. Amazingly there were still a few Guysacks available. So I finally got it. And to make sure Ciera doesn't feel left out, I got a Panther Zoid for him.

Half-bad, half-good news: we lost our volleyball game last Saturday against the MDO team, but we went out fighting, losing 22-25 in the 3rd set. It was pretty amazing as well. There were about 10 of them I think, with a fairly deep bench, whereas we had only 6 people. And on paper, their team outclassed us completely, as was evident in the first set when we lost 16-25. I guess everyone thought that we were gonna go out in another lopsided 2nd set, but a crucial change in our court position as well as the MDO team playing their subs actually helped us a lot in the 2nd set, and we hung in there until MDO were 24-23 matchpoint up. We then scored 3 points in a row (saving a matchpoint!) to force a 3rd set. We figured out how to play as a team so even when MDO played their first six, we kept close and even led. At 20-18, they called a timeout and had a substitution (putting Levi, one of their best players into the game), and consequently they scored 7 of the last 9 points to win the 3rd set. Normally you feel bad when you lose but the way that our team played and fought, against a team that was much more skilled than we were on paper, made our team still feel like winners (or well at least we felt good about the match).

Hay naku, too many more things to write about but not enough time. Maybe I'll write a hodgepodge 2 tomorrow.

No comments: