Thursday, March 10, 2005

This week on American Idol

Okay, it's a couple of days late but I had to put in something about the performance of the guys in American Idol this week. I just have to say, never have I watched an American Idol night were I was blown away by so many of the performances! Last week, Bo Bice rocked the house in a way that it had not been rocked this season. I think after the rest of the guys saw that, they figured they wanted to have a performance like that as well. So pretty much everyone stepped up. Even Scott started dancing, although I have to agree with Simon that his dancing sucked big time (I laugh everytime I remember waht he looked like dancing =)). Nikko's version of 'Georgia on my mind' was great, but Anwar Robinson just brought the house down with his unique interpretation of 'What a wonderful world' that just left people awed. Galing sobra! I will wait for an mp3 of it to be made available in the internet so I can listen to it again. It has to be up there with my favorite American Idol performances of all time:
  • 'Summertime' by Fantasia Barrino
  • 'Don't rain on my parade' by Latoya London
  • 'A house is not a home' by Tamyra Gray
  • 'Bridge over troubled water' by Clay Aiken
  • 'I can't make you love me' by Kimberley Locke

Di na ako makaisip ng ibang fave performances ko right now. A lot of you might be saying I am missing Latoya's 'All by myself' rendition that initially put her on the map, but I just didn't like it as much. She didn't maintain that high note as well as Celine did, and so for me she ended up sounding like a poor copy. Her version of 'Don't rain on my parade' though was sung so crisply and clearly, and she made that song her own.

I didn't get to see the performance of the girls apart from Jessica Sierra. I think American Idol should have had the girls perform on night 1 and the guys on night 2. Parang anti-climactic yung nangyayari, todo hataw yung guys tapos yung girls medyo di ganun kagaling. Ah well, we're now in the top 12 so we shall see. To quote Tanya, "This year's American Idol will be a guy." If babae manalo, I'll be really disappointed in the American Idol voting public.

This just in - America have voted and Janay, Amanda, Travis and Nikko are out. Nikko??? WTF??? Okay, I am now disappointed in the American public. Maybe Nikko and Anwar ended up having the same market and Anwar ate up most of Nikko's votes in the same way Fantasia ate up Latoya's votes nung 4 na lang sila. Oh well.

No comments: