Thursday, March 10, 2005

TGIF (March 4 post)

It's Friday again, and I am so looking forward to the weekend. Wednesday was a late night in the office, and last night was the same. Tapos medyo early morning pa for me the last couple of days. Bad trip pa Edsa kanina. They put a 'fence' in the middle of the road in the Crame-Annapolis area so that vehicles coming down from the Santolan flyover couldn't move into the outer lanes. I guess it is meant to ease traffic along Edsa, but I am not sure if it worked in actuality because it took me 45 minutes to get from East Avenue to Ortigas!!! Or well, maybe it's just Friday traffic.

Anyway, I am already looking forward to tonight when I take my 15th tennis lesson. Last Monday, my serve started feeling like it's gotten better and more consistent, and I am starting to control the direction of my shots a lot more as well. And whereas I would keep losing to the ballboys the first couple of times I played games or even sets against them, now I starting to hang in there a bit and in fact I beat a couple of them already. Memorable shots I hit - inside-out backhand service return winner, down-the-line forehand winner, and service winner wide to the ad court. Naks! Sana tuloy-tuloy na. I just wish that not being able to have lessons on Wednesday won't make me lose muscle memory too much.

Btw, I am a bit surprised that Aloha is out of AI. She didn't do well last Wednesday, but she didn't do as badly as some of the other girls. Interestingly enough, everyone - from Ryan Seacrest to Simon Cowell - sounded much more positive and constructive last night. They also did away with all the emotional melodrama of the first SF eliminations day. I think it worked though, because the people booted out looked disappointed but handled it a lot better.

No comments: