Thursday, March 10, 2005

Real and Reality TV (March 3 post)

First off, congratulations to Real Madrid for narrowing the gap with league leaders Barcelona with a 3-1 win over Real Betis. Of course, Michael Owen scored yet another goal (the 1st of the match) after only 10 minutes. And it's one of those few times where he was in the starting line-up (they really should let him start more often). He has now scored 10 goals, 4 behind Ronaldo and 1 ahead of Raul. If you divide goals by the number of minutes or even games played, you'll see that Owen has a better record than either Ronaldo or Raul this season.

I decided to catch American Idol on ABC 5 since I made it home by 10pm. That way, I wouldn't have to stay up til 1230am for the Starworld run. AI last night wasn't all that exciting. The guys are so much better than the girls (opposite of last year). My favorite performers in semifinal week 1 - Nadia and Aloha - both disappointed me last night (what the heck was Nadia thinking when she picked that song???). And Mikalah she was actually really good last night. I'm still not wowed by her, but last night she had to have given the best performance.

Of course during breaks I kept switching channels to AXN to catch bits of the pilot episode of the Amazing Race 7. Rob and Amber are indeed contestants in TAR7, which I think is really annoying (dalawang survivor na nga nalaro nila, pati ba naman TAR pasukin nila? Maybe they should've just joined fear factor). I guess the producers must've been thinking that Amber and Rob would draw in a lot more viewers, so from their perspective it made sense. But it was interesting that, of the parts of the show I saw, it really seemed like everyone was against Rob and Amber. Good thing for me that the Survivor couple didn't end up #1 (top team Debbie and Bianca earned $10K each for finishing that leg first). Best friends Ryan and Chuck were the first team to be eliminated, losing a foot-race to Ron and Kelly literally by a few seconds.

By the time the show ended, I was really wiped out. I ended up falling asleep somewhere between 1130pm and 12mn, the first time in a fairly long while that I fell asleep before midnight. Which is a good thing. =)

No comments: