Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I can't make you love me

I just heard an mp3 of Constantine's rendition of "I can't make you love me", his contest piece on American Idol this week. I guess taken by itself it's an okay performance. Thing is though, I absolutely love Kimberley Locke's incredibly soulful version of that song, so for me Constantine's just pales in comparison. Speaking of Kimberley, her version of Somewhere the Rainbow is also hair-raising. Listening to her performances makes me think she should've won AI2, but well at least she came in 3rd and she is so far the only Idol to have debuted at #1 with her single "8th World Wonder." Not bad.

On another note, Volleyball season for me is about to start. Team IT is once again participating in the company tournament. Unfortunately, we are now missing a lot of talent. John V is in Singapore now, Romy will be out of the country, Patrick said he can't play, and Tots is getting married soon so we aren't sure how often she will get to play. At least Daryl is making a comeback, which is great for our team defense. Hopefully we can still string a few victories together.

No comments: