Sunday, March 20, 2005

Ah, the travails of working on a weekend

I decided to use my overnight stay at the Pen (prize I won during P&G's Christmas party last year) last night. I had a long day, starting off with me a Bukas Sarili meeting, then heading into a party for the kinder 'graduation' of my nephew CJ, followed by a trip back home then back to Makati for a dinner party at Che's house. I decided I would work on Sunday to make sure everything is set for our April 4 release at work, and I didn't want to have to do another round of Makati-Fairview driving so I figured I would just bunk up at the Pen.

Problem, though, is that working in the office on a weekend when there is no work buzz just doesn't provide enough momentum to get me started. So I decided maybe if I would write about it I'd get going. I'll tell you tonight whether writing this blog did jumpstart me or not. =)

Pretty cool Saturday though. The Bukas Sarili meeting had 7 people in it, although for some reason it felt there were less until I realized we have had BSF meetings with only 4-5 people in the past. We rescheduled the Rummage Sale to May 14. We also decided on a new size for our Christmas cards (had to be done now so we can get the artists invitation ou; has to be done really soon if we are to get this project working a lot better than it did last year). The pledge run looks terribly promising, though - first you have me planning to run the 42k with Ray and Kendrick. Bunky and Anne are contemplating running either 5 or 10k. Iona has managed to get friends from MBS to share interest in this, as well as Erwin Samson from our batch in Pisay. Anne told me she seems to have gotten a few people interested in the run, too. And Ray said that Joy is also planning to run. Heck, that's a truckload of new runners! This project really can end up being the biggest fundrasising project of BSF to date. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

CJ's celebration was a lot of fun too. We started off with lunch in Powerplant then we tried to look for "Guysack" - this is the smaller Scorpion Zoid (CJ doesn't like the big one) but we couldn't find it. So we moved to Shangri-La mall where we still couldn't find Guysack. So I ended up buying CJ a remote control car instead that twists and turns in every direction and is pretty sturdy that it can bump into things and be dropped without breaking. I also got myself the a new pair of Oakley's which is actually the same model that I lost about a year ago, and this purchase got my mom P1200 for her FSP card. Then my nephews both rode the Carousel then got some free animal balloons somewhere else in the mall.

Finally, Che's party. This is actually a belated bday party - Che celebrated her bday a couple of weeks ago. Her sister was the Chef, and the food was pretty damn good. There was a lot of it though and some people couldn't eat everything they had. As I still had the "hoover" genes in me despite my recent diet, I decided to wolf down most of Hannah's leftovers. When I said "I'm so full," Hannah replied "siguro naman sana ano." Hehe, up until that time I didn't realize I had eaten almost twice as much as everyone else and they were all already full. So I guess if I really eat that much I can't complain if I'm overweight. =)

No comments: